Introduction to turbulence
|Nature of turbulence|
|Reynolds averaged equation|
|Turbulence kinetic energy|
|Stationarity and homogeneity|
|Free turbulent shear flows|
|Wall bounded turbulent flows|
| Study questions
... template not finished yet!
This section is currently undergoing heavy reorganization and editing. Please excuse any errors or unfinished parts. --Jola 07:01, 21 June 2007 (MDT)
- The turbulent world around us
- What is turbulence?
- Why study turbulence?
- The cost of our ignorance
- What do we really know for sure?
- Ensemble average
- Multivariate random variables
- Estimation from a finite number of realizations
- Generalization to the estimator of any quantity
- Equations governing instantaneous fluid motion
- Equations for the average velocity
- The turbulence problem
- Origins of turbulence
- Importance of non-linearity
- Turbulence closure problem and eddy viscosity
- Reynolds stress equations
This text was based on "Lectures in Turbulence for the 21st Century" by Professor William K. George, Professor of Turbulence, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.